Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Surely they have more important things to do...

  1. #11
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Surely they have more important things to do...

    They probably won't even enforce that law anyways...just something to get the states comotioning abut.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Surely they have more important things to do...

    Just another step towards Orwell's "Big Brother".....government trying to tell us how to dress. What are they going to try and control next???
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Surely they have more important things to do...

    Its almost like paying these stupid personal property taxes on you vehicle and not being able to put what you want on it with out breaking the law. I just got a ticket for improper exhaust for it not being factory. I'm not too familiar with such a law but the Trooper said it was louder than factory so it is wrong. I bought the truck last year with the muffler on it. It even passed inspection! I hate the laws of VA!!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Surely they have more important things to do...

    One of my classmates asked me about this today because I am from Virginia....I seriously think that the people who want this bill passed came up with it as a joke. I don't see how anyone could actually think that a law like this would be constitutional or fair. I mean there are indecent exposure laws, which should take care of any situations that would cause problems. But I think most of the time when underwear is showing on someone it's not intentional....or at least I would think it wouldn't be.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Surely they have more important things to do..

    just a note...more people voted yes for this law than they did the homosexual bill a while ago
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #16
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Surely they have more important things to do..

    in the words of the greatest rock and roll band of all time

    " you better run..."
    pink floyd


    (if you have ever seen the wall you will know what I mean!)

  7. #17
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Surely they have more important things to do..

    I really don't want to see your "undies". don't like the style at all but to make a law against it is crazy. Back in my day If they would have made a law about "ripped jeans" and torn T-shirts I guess I would have been in trouble. and would have been most of my friends
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #18
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Surely they have more important things to do..

    I think they just had a lot of time to kill this year. Other than how to spend the surplus money. I think many turned to agenda's that were just on the plate.
    And some are using their own agenda's.
    Some are using this to try to help out in schools also. Or i read it in some of the wording, about dress codes, in some of what was presented in this bill.
    Guess if your gonna be there for 40 days you need something to do.
    Other than find a quick way to spend a billion dollars of surplus money.
    To me i agree with what i have read. I could care less to see some young man showing his underwear, and i guess the same with a young woman showing her thong strap.
    Got to make you wonder though. With all the problems facing the state.
    This year we have a surplus. Next year we will be hearing what a dilemma the state is in?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •